Thursday, January 2, 2014

Silent Butler Holds #Dreams by Karen Rose Smith

This silent butler belonged to my parents.  It sat on our coffee table throughout my childhood and fascinated me. Most of the time it held keys.  I didn't know what all of those keys opened but my parents did.

Now this silent butler sits in my office.  It's one of the antique pieces I've decorated my sleuth's house with too in my cozy mystery...for a very special reason.  She and I use it for the same thing.  It holds our dreams and what we want to become.  I don't list new year's resolutions.  By the end of each year, the universe seems to tell me what lesson I need to work on the next year, whether it's patience, rolling with the punches, or this year learning to accept change.  Whatever it is, I write it on a piece of paper and keep it in my silent butler.  The same is true for my dreams.  I might not tell anyone what I'm dreaming because it might seem too preposterous or too grand or too foolish.  But that silent butler accepts my dreams and holds them safely.  Writing them on paper an dropping them inside sends a message to my inner child, my subconscious, and the universe.  I'm a big believer in--if you can think and believe it, you can achieve it.

If you have a favorite jar or box or drawer, take a moment to jot down your dreams and slip them inside.  I'm hoping all your dreams and aspirations for the new year come true.

Best,
Karen



Read Karen's new mystery. Her sleuth, Caprice De Luca, slips her dreams and affirmations into her silent butler.  She loves to cook and is an animal lover too!





©2013 Karen Rose Smith

Karen Rose Smith's romance website 

Karen Rose Smith's mystery website 

Karen Rose Smith's SEARCH FOR LOVE SERIES website 

IN TOUCH WITH KAREN ROSE SMITH ezine

No comments: