Saturday, November 30, 2013

Stacy Juba's TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY now on #Audiobook



I invited Stacy Juba here today to talk about TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY, a suspense filled novel now available in audiobook.  Stacy told me how the idea for this best-selling e-book was born!

"I wrote TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY because just like my protagonist Kris Langley, I once worked as an obit writer and editorial assistant for a daily newspaper.  One of my tasks was researching the 25 and 50 Years Ago Today column.  A couple of times per week, I would sit down at the microfilm machine and hunt through the old issues for tidbits to compile into the column.  The news items needed to be both noteworthy and positive so they would give readers a feeling of nostalgia.  Although it was interesting to read through the back issues, it was one of my least favorite tasks as the scrolling of the microfilm was hard on the eyes.  I was also a big mystery reader and one day, I got an idea for a novel.  What if an editorial assistant stumbled across a 25 year old cold case while researching her 25Years Ago Today column?  What if she became obsessed with the case and started getting involved with the victim's family?  What if she fell in love with the victim's nephew?  Because of my own experience with the microfilm and working in a newsroom, I knew I could make the details authentic.  And that was how TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY was born.  I never imagined that it would one day be an audiobook, and hearing Erin Moon bring the characters to life was a special treat."

More about Stacy's book TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY!

For twenty-five years, Diana Ferguson's killer has gotten away with murder.  When rookie obit writer and newsroom editorial assistant Kris Langley investigates the cold case of the artistic young cocktail waitress who was obsessed with Greek and Roman mythology, not only does she fall in love with Diana's sexy nephew, but she must also fight to stay off the obituary page herself.  The book edition has made GalleyCat's Mystery and Thriller Bestseller List and GalleyCat's Barnes and Noble Bestsellers.  The audiobook is narrated by Erin Moon and produced by Brick Shop Audio.


No comments: