Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Caprice's Choco Chunks and Chips #Cookie #Recipe by Karen Rose Smith




Every Christmas, my mom and I would begin baking cookies after Thanksgiving.  She was an elementary school teacher, so we would often bake them in the evenings.  Then we stored them in tight cans and placed them in a cool closet.  I learned how to bake from my mom, and I still make her recipes at Christmas.

But this recipe is one I created strictly for Caprice--my sleuth in STAGED TO DEATH who loves to cook, the mystery booksellers, the readers on my mailing list, my street team, my readers group, and now for all my readers.  Here is the recipe for Caprice's Choco Chunks and Chips Cookies!

1/2 cup salted butter softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 oz milk chocolate (I use two 3 oz Dove bars broken into small pieces or chunks.  These bars break or cut up easily.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a mixer, cream softened butter and peanut butter.  Mix in brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamed together.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add cinnamon and vanilla.  Add baking powder and baking soda.  Blend well.  Add 2 cups of flour, a quarter cup at a time with mixer on low speed, constantly scraping bowl.  Stir in the other cup of flour, a quarter cup at a time, by hand until completely blended.  Stir in chocolate chips and chunks.

Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart and press down slightly with palm of hand.  (I usually put 12 cookies on one cookie sheet.)

Bake 11 - 12 minutes until golden brown and set.  (The type of cookie sheet you use can affect the baking time.  Darker cookie sheets bake faster.)

Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit a minute on a cool surface.  Remove from pan.

Recipe makes about 30 - 36 cookies.  Let cool until the chocolate hardens.  Unless you eat all of them gooey warm!

Enjoy Caprice's special cookies.  I wish you a memory-filled and meaningful holiday season and new year.


  

©2013 Karen Rose Smith



On Sale December 3




Karen Rose Smith's romance website 

Karen Rose Smith's mystery website 

Karen Rose Smith's SEARCH FOR LOVE SERIES website 

IN TOUCH WITH KAREN ROSE SMITH ezine




No comments: