Sunday, October 26, 2014

Our Favorite Pecan #Pie by Karen Rose Smith

                                                                PECAN PIE

I bake pies every season.  There are a few I especially make around the holidays.  This is my guys' favorite--pecan pie.  Here is the recipe I usually use. It doesn't last long!

1 cup dark Karo syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups pecans (six ounces) I use whole ones.
1 unbaked pie crust (deeper dish safer)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Stir syrup, eggs, sugar, melted butter and extract, using a spoon.  Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust. Bake for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees. Pie is done when center reaches 200 degrees.  I use a candy thermometer. Tap center of pie lightly. It should spring back when done. (While baking I use foil around the crust edge to prevent over browning.  For this pie, I removed it five minutes before I removed the pie from the oven. Cool for two hours and store in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!



No comments: