This recipe came with our Oster Breadmaker. I'm not a fan of wheat and we're trying to eat healthier. So we tried oats!
1 and 1/4 cups water
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
3/4 cups quick-cook oats
1 and 3/4 teaspoons salt
3 and 3/4 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons oat bran
2 tablespoons dry milk
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan.
2. measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
3. Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pout the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefull pour it into the well.
4. Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close the lid.
5. Press "Select" button to choose the Basic setting.
6. Press the "Crust Color" button to choose light, medium or dark crust.
7. Press the "Start/Stop" button.
This breadmaker was a gift that I enjoy constantly.
Have a great "breadmaking" experience!
©2014 Karen Rose Smith