Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A MAN WORTH LOVING -- A Classic is Updated and Revised

My first published book -- Now revised and updated with a new cover



I sold my first book in 1991.  Back then, I was aiming for a sexier line to release it so there are more love scenes and "romantic" content than the books I write now.  I call it sweet erotica.  Still, at its core, it's a love story.  When I first developed it into an ebook two years ago, I published it as it was originally written.  Recently, since I'm developing my novels into audiobooks, I decided to revise and update it.

Updating involves more than adding cell phones, though the lack of them was a huge part of some plots back then.  Updating includes editing out old cliches and dated references to what were then current pop figures.  For me a huge element was whether or not I should reduce the romantic content and the length of the love scenes.  At the end of the day, I cut some of it but I didn't want to tamper with the innate nature of the book.

When I developed a cover for the original ebook, I chose a symbolic one.  With the edited version, I wanted the nature of the novel to be clear to readers.  This is a sexy book, but the baby and the family elements give it a sweet flavor.

My revised and updated version kept the essence of a plot that deals with the hero aiding the heroine in giving birth.  That miracle forms a bond between them.  Their romance revolves around that bond, as well as the conflicts that could tear them apart.

I consider A MAN WORTH LOVING a classic romance and I hope you do, too. 

©2013 Karen Rose Smith

A MAN WORTH LOVING on Amazon 


IN TOUCH with KAREN ROSE SMITH ezine
Karen Rose Smith's romance website 
Karen Rose Smith's mystery website



No comments: